Monday, July 12, 2010

I want to be free from falsehoods

You know, lies and so on. You can't actually escape them, because most people's entire existence is based off of them, but I'd love it if I could. Although I wonder if I could really exist in a world were there was nothing but the truth. The reality of life, raw authenticity. You can't get that in human society without looking really, really hard. And when people find it, they usually can't handle it.
Haha, cliche pop culture reference, haha. Fuck.
I went through a three day stage in my midteens where I was obsessed with this subject. I had a conversation with a girl who was somewhat daft but very sweet and well intentioned about people who use lies to feel good. The conversation got pretty ugly.
She felt that it was fine to live with lies. She said that if lying made you happy, go for it. Facades were great. Facing the real was lame. I was dismayed. Her nonchalance on the subject upset me.
I then  said something to the effect of, if you can't deal with the truth, you should die.
That went over well.
She became more distraught in that chatbox then I have ever seen anyone ever, "real life" included. But I was in the thick of my apathy for humanity, so as apposed to trying to diffuse the situation, I made it worse. I was a cock about it, but I couldn't get behind the thought that people should lie to themselves. To do it consciously was the greatest sin of all.
This is depressing. I'll finish this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment